Author Notes: I'm not a big fan of chili-spiciness--it lingers on my tongue in a way that just feels unpleasant. But the quick rush of sinus-clearing horseradish-spiciness makes me swoon. I love this salad dressing so much that I'll eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. —linzarella
Food52 Review: It's hard not to love a recipe where the only instructions are essentially zest, scoop and shake. As written, it comes out nicely balanced between zippy, sweet and savory, but then linzarella encourages us to customize -- a dash more horseradish for the spice fiends, a dollop more crème fraîche for the indulgent -- and shake again. The two types of dairy -- equal parts tart yogurt and mellow, rich crème fraîche -- are an especially nice touch, bringing a tempered zing to the dressing. We think it would be lovely tossed with some chilled poached shrimp and watercress or alongside some crudités. - A&M —The Editors
Makes a modest amount of dressing
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Zest the lemon, then juice half of it. In a jar, combine juice & zest with remaining ingredients, stir, then cover the jar and shake. Taste and adjust to make it spicier, creamier, or sweeter to your preference.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish