If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can basically make curd out of any fruit really. Mango, berries, citrus, passion fruit, etc. Just follow the technique and you’ll be on your way to custard-y, fruity, goodness. Feel free to substitute tangerines with oranges or any other fruit juice. Make it your own!
Adapted from Serious Eats —Hetal Vasavada
Makes 8 oz jar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 5 large strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 zest of whole lemon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Zest tangerine and lemon and set aside the zest. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and them simmer.
- Blend the chopped strawberries, tangerine juice and lemon juice until completely smooth. Strain the juice into a large glass bowl that fits over your pot of water without touching the water.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to the large bowl of juice and set on top of your pot of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of your bowl does not touch the water! Continuously whisk until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. If you want to be more precise- it will be ready once the mixture hits 160 F.
- Take the bowl off the heat and whisk in butter until completely melted.
- Strain the curd into a bowl to get rid of any lumps. Whisk lemon and tangerine zest into the curd and cool.
- Once cooled, pour into a jar. The curd will stay good for a month in the fridge. Enjoy!