If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something my friend Angela taught be to make in Rome. Its easy, delicious, and a crowd-pleaser. Its lighter than traditional meatloafs. She would occasionally stuff it with Buffalo Mozzarella Bocconcini, Boiled Eggs, or a combination, but I prefer it unstuffed. My favorite accompaniment are roasted potatoes, zucchini and carrots, cooked in the pan with the meatloaf. —teemee
loaf of white bread, crust removed
cups Whole Milk
pounds ground beef
tablespoons olive oil
cloves of garlic
zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick
carrots, sliced 1/4" thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread in the milk until it turns into a pulp. Add ground beef and 1/2 tsp salt, and mix well.
- Chop vegetables, and toss with 2 tbsps of olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
- You can stuff the meatloaf now, or just form it into a bread shaped loaf on an oiled cookie sheet or roasting pan. It will seem a bit wet, but will keep its shape. Surround with vegetables, rosemary, and garlic. Cover pan with foil allowing meatloaf and vegetables to steam, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and toss vegetables. Turn up heat to 400 degrees, and return to meatloaf to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until browned and vegetables roasted.