If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Fava beans, also called broad beans, have a tough outer hull that can be a little difficult and time-consuming to remove. Instead, look for frozen favas and save yourself a little time. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/sauteed-fava-beans —Healthline
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen fava beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 shallot, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add fava beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add the oregano and cook until beans are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add lemon juice, tossing to combine. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff