If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Veglio family not only produces wine, but also uses some of their land to cultivate hazelnuts. This recipe for Hazelnut Cake with Moscato Cream is a Veglio family tradition and can soon become yours too! —Veglio Wine
tablespoons butter, room temperature
tablespoon baking powder
ounces roasted hazelnuts
tablespoons Veglio Michelino e Figlio Moscato d"Asti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the hazelnuts by arranging them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, gently stirring halfway through baking time. Allow to cool and finely chop.
- For the cake batter, use a mixer to cream the butter and sugar until lemon in color. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Then mix in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the roasted hazelnuts.
- Pour the batter into a buttered pie dish and baked at 350 degree for approximately 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Prepare the cream using a double boiler. Continuously cook and stir the egg yolks, sugar and Moscato for about 10 minutes. The cream should be slightly thick and lemon in color. Allow to cool.
- Serve slices of the cake with a drizzle of the Moscato cream.