Author Notes: I got this recipe from my best friend Seka, she made Gužvara on my last visit. —anka
Makes: 15x10 inch pan
box (1 pound)phyllo dough
pound ricotta cheese
cups sour cream
cup sparkling mineral water
teaspoons sea salt
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F and oil or use parchment paper in the large baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except phyllo dough.
- Line two sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish making sure the dough covers the sides of the baking dish. Save two sheet for the top layer.
- Rest of the phyllo sheets, one at the time wrinkle and dip into cheese mixture and put into baking dish, stacking in pile next to each other starting on one side and repeating till all dough is used. If there is any cheese mix left just pour over. Cover with two sheets that you saved for the top. Brush the top with water.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until nicely browned on top.
- Take it from the oven, leave it for 10-15 minutes to cool, cut and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast