If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The easiest meal in the world with maximum impression points. Minimal preparation, smells amazing while you're cooking it and falls right off the bone. The most perfect lamb shoulder recipe ever. —Merowyn
- 2.5kg Lamb leg with bone in
- 2 Heads of Garlic
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 70 grams Harissa Paste
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- pinches Sea Salt
- 2 inches of water in the bottom of the roasting pan
- In a bowl mix the Juice 2 lemons, Harissa paste, Maple Syrup, oil, sea salt. Set aside.
- Cut garlic, onions and tomato in half through the middle, cut carrots in half lengthways. Put garlic, onions, tomato, carrots and celery in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Lightly score the lamb leg and place it on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the Harissa mix over the lamb leg and rub it in. Add around 2 inches of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan and shoulder with foil, make sure there is some space between the lamb and the foil to allow for better heat circulation. Set the leg aside in the fridge for a couple of hours. Remove and leave on the bench for an hour. Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Put the pan in the oven for around 6 hours. The lamb will be ready when it's easily falling off the bone.
- To make a sauce pour the pan juices into a saucepan, skim the oil from the top then reduce the stock until it's a jus consistency. Season as required.