Who says you can't take a favorite like the grilled cheese, and spruce it up? Classy, worldly and wildly delicious, this is not your local dinner's grilled cheese... Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Who says you can't take a favorite like the grilled cheese, and spruce it up? Classy, worldly and wildly delicious, this is not your local dinner's grilled cheese... Not that there is anything wrong with that.—Dip&Scoop
pieces White Bread
pieces Aged White Cheddar
piece Red Onion
pieces Bacon Slabs
tablespoon Culinary Argan Oil
- Slice the red onion to make half moon pieces and saute them with your favorite oil. Use very little oil as you will add Culinary Argan Oil later. Once they are nice and translucent, put them aside.
- In the same pan you used for the onions, start frying the bacon slab. Little secrete: We like to use non packaged thick slabs from our butcher and think you should too!
- On a separate pan, melt butter and lay both slices of bread to toast. Check under the bread periodically until it is lightly golden. This will be the inside of your sandwich.
- Add butter to the pan as needed. Flip the two pieces of bread on the other side to toast. Immediately place the two slices of cheese on one piece of bread and allow to start melting.
- Mix the Culinary Argan Oil into the caramelized onions and place the whole on top of the melting cheese. Now, place the bacon on top, and close the sandwich with the empty piece of bread.
- Continue to toast until the underside is golden and crispy. Now flip the sandwich and allow the cheese to flow down and fuse the two pieces of bread. Remove from pan and plate. You could also make it a meal by make a side to go along with it :)