If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is a recipe from coastal bengal. This is easy to cook and liked by all. —twameka.r
- 4 pieces whole pomfret fish
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup tamarind broth
- 2 teaspoons green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- onion slices
- salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish and marinate with salt , turmeric and chilly powder for 2 minutes
- Heat a pan in medium flame and pour 2 tablespoons of mustard oil and shallow fry the fish.
- in a separate frying pan, pour 2 tablespoons of oil and fry mustard seeds, dry chilly and garlic paste for seasoning in medium flame.
- When they turn brown,add chilly paste,poppy seed paste and salt and stir for 2 mins .
- add the fried fish and pour the tamarind broth.
- Close the lid of the frying pan and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
- the dish is ready. garish with green chilies and onion and serve hot with plain rice.
- NOTE:1) Tamarind broth: Heat water in a pan and add tamarind, sugar and salt to taste 2)poppy seeds paste: while putting the poppy seeds in mixer grinder add salt to taste.