If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw a recipe similar to this one in the NYT ages ago and have adapted it over the years until it looks like this -- I'm not really sure just how much it's changed from the original. I just know it's my favorite use for good Italian canned tuna. —Kayb
- 1 can good quality Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and oil reserved
- 1 can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or other good olives (green or ripe), chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or basil, minced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, halved
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Gently stir together the tuna, beans, olives, capers and peppers to combine.
- Add enough olive oil to the reserved oil from tuna to make 1/4 cup. Whisk with lemon juice. Pour over tuna and vegetables, and toss gently.
- Top with minced oregano or basil. Serve immediately over tomato slices, garnished with a half a hardboiled egg.
More Great Recipes: Salads