If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love the chicken Milanese at Union Square Cafe in NYC and I have tried to recreate it here. Your choice for the salad to top it with, such as arugula with shaved parm, or assorted cherry tomatoes. Good acidic dressing gives a nice bite. —Kingfishercooks
- 2 chicken cutlets or thighs, pounded thinly
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/8 cup Grated parmasean cheese
- 1/4 cup Parsley, cleaned and chopped finely
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 Cup flour
- 1/2 Lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the Panko with the lemon zest and cheese in a bowl. Put the flour on a plate and whisk the egg in another bowl.
- Pound the chicken as thin as possible and liberally salt and pepper it.
- Drag the breasts through the flour lightly coating on each side. Then dip in the egg and finally the Panko mix.
- Heat the oil and butter on medium high. Fry the chicken for a few minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Let sit tented for a few minutes, then top with a good salad and serve.