If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wanting to this salad make it a little different from your regular, everyday fruit salad, I employed some creamy greek yogurt, sweetened with honey and spiced with cinnamon, to compliment the oranges. Topped with some toasted hazelnuts for crunch, it was like a simpler, more sophisticated version of yogurt, fruit, and granola. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
cup plain greek yogurt
tablespoon honey + more for drizzling
teaspoon ground cinnamon
blood oranges, peels removed, and sliced crosswise
cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
sprinkle of flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, and cinnamon.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly along the bottom of your serving plate.
- Arrange blood orange slices in an even layer atop yogurt.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chopped hazelnuts and mint (if using). Drizzle salad with additional honey and top with a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast