Author Notes: After countless baking and disappointing test tasting, this cupcake recipe came to be. It's moist ,full of vanilla taste and versatile. It's a true vanilla cupcake in my opinion and the only vanilla cupcake recipe you'll ever need. Yes! It's basic!
Makes: 24 cupcakes
cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
cups super fine Sugar*
teaspoons Baking Powder
cup Butter (room temperature)
tablespoon Vanilla Bean Extract
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix on low speed until combined.
- Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large glass measuring cup add milk ,eggs and vanilla. Whisk mixture until combined.
- With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Using an ice cream scoop for even cupcakes, divide batter among liners, filling about two-thirds full
- Bake, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- *Please use super fine sugar in this recipe. CH bakers sugar is a very good brand.