If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple salad was a staple in the wintertime during my childhood. Lots of tang from the tart apples and orange juice in the dressing, crunch from the celery and pecans, and sweetness from the marshmallow pieces. The secret was the cream cheese/orange juice dressing which added a smooth sweet/sour tang of its own. —love2cook
- 4 tart apples, washed and cut into large cubes with the peel left on
- 2-3 celery stalks, cut into thin half-moon slices
- 3/4 cup pecans, broken into large pieces
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- orange juice
- Combine the apple pieces, sliced celery, pecan pieces, and mini marshmallows in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth. Gradually beat in orange juice until you have the right consistency for a dressing.
- Pour the cream cheese/orange juice dressing over your salad. Toss. Chill in the refrigerator (the acid in the orange juice will keep the apple pieces from turning brown.