If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad screams backyard BBQ. And the bright and playful colors are the perfect accompaniment to the burgers you have cooking on the grill. If corn is in season and you can snag some from your local farmers market, by all means use it in this salad. But frozen corn works too (and no judgments here!). —Ashlynn Campagna
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup diced orange or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups frozen corn (or 5 ears fresh corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for minutes, until soft and translucent. Add bell pepper and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter to the pan and allow to melt. Add the corn and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add salt, pepper and basil.
- Serve hot.