If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a from-scratch spaghetti sauce which reflects Hawaii-style cooking. It is a dish influenced by traditional Italian flavors with an ethnic twist. —kikukat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Portuguese sausage (linguisa), diced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz. can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 cups catsup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- dash of chili powder
- Brown all meats.
- Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Makes enough sauce for 1 pound of pasta.