If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ham is moist with a mildly sweet flavor throughout. —kikukat
- 1 half ham (butt or shank)
- granulated sugar
- Using a carving fork, pierce ham deeply all over and score layer of fat.
- Place ham in pot and add enough water to cover half of ham. Be sure to keep track of volume of water added.
- Add granulated sugar (half the amount of water). For example, if you added 10 cups of water, add 5 cups of sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 2 hours. Baste and/or flip ham as often as possible.
- Remove ham and place in a broiling pan.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and remove ham after 25 minutes.
- Let rest 20 minutes before carving.