If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is similar to a Japanese dish served at deli counters in Hawaii. —kikukat
Serves 6 as a side dish
- 5 packets (1.785 ounces each) Nice brand long rice (cellophane/glass noodles or bean thread noodles)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped scallions
- Soak long rice in warm water for 10 minutes. Cut into thirds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix with long rice.
- Chill overnight, tossing several times while long rice is cooling.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad