If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This's an' ancient recipe from Puglia (Italy). The region of Puglia is a bounty of delicious tomato and one of the best oil in Europe. Poor and testy dish. —Pasquale
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Extra vergin olive oil
- 3/4 pound sweet grape tomato
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano good quality
- 1/2 pound "frise" ,
- In a medium bowl mix water and salt until dissolves. Cut in half the grape tomato and squeeze them into the water. Then add EVOO . At this point break up the frise in bite size and add to bowl. Mix with a spoon,and let it rest and soak up for a few minutes.
- You can find the" frise" in Italian specialty store. They look like a dry twice baked cut bagel bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad