If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A potato salad to make everyone happy Its vegan, gluten green, and pretty simple to make.. A great side dish , or even a light meal in itself. And if you, like me, don't adhere to the conventional standards of breakfast, it makes for a fantastic morning meal. —Colleen Stem
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups or 1 can cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 or 2 jalapeños (2 for a bit more spice)
- 2 limes
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- a big splashes red wine vinegar
- 2 ripe avocado
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Wash and chop sweet potato into mouth sized chunks and place in a large pot of salted cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil then down to a simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Strain liquid (save for soup) and place potatoes into fridge to cool.
- In the meantime, dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeño into small chunks and toss into a bowl with minced garlic, a sprinkle of salt, and a splash or two of the vinegar. Add in beans, mix and set aside until potatoes are cooled
- Now take the avocados, slice and scoop out flesh.Puree together with juice of 1 1/2 limes and a good sprinkle of salt.
- When the potatoes are colded, mix in the bean and veggie mixture then fold iin the avocado puree until everything is all nice and coated.
- Top with fresh cilantro (optional) and squeeze of fresh lime.