If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super crunchy, golden fried chicken. —Merowyn
- 6 Chicken thighs bone in
- 600 milliliters Buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seed
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a bowl: Buttermilk, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Powder, Garlic Powder, Coriander Seed, Salt. Combine. Add chicken and leave in fridge for a couple of hours.
- In a bowl: flour, Baking Powder, salt, Garlic Powder. Combine. Gently roll pieces of chicken in flour mix straight from buttermilk mix. Try not to let too much of the Buttermilk drip off the chicken as this will help the coating remain thick.
- Deep fry in a deep fryer until the chicken is 65 degrees in the centre, test with a probe thermometer. Salt before serving. Serve with greens and mash.