If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what I love to cook when I'm home alone for dinner. Creamy, buttery pasta with loads of veggies and a rich egg yolk for the sauce. —Erin McDowell
- 1 handful spaghetti
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and saut´ until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and pasta, and toss to combine. Continue to toss until the mixture is heated through. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Using a spatula or tongs, push all the pasta to one end of the pan.
- Crack an egg into the empty side of the pan. Season it with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low. Cook the egg until your desired doneness. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and finish with parmesan cheese. Top with the egg and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!