If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lentils are a good source of protein for a vegetarian and they are hearty/healthy. They have great texture (depending on how long you cook them) and can be dressed with pretty much any flavor that you like! This is a quick and simple salad that you can do lots with. Use it as a base and add in your favorite ingredient, or simply enjoy this as is! —Always A Twist
Lentil and Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked (+ 2 garlic cloves)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 6-7 pieces radishes, sliced thin and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon Sumac berries
- 3 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Cook lentils according to package but add in my twist for some extra flavor: while cooking add 2 slightly mashed garlic cloves to the water (this adds a hint of flavor to the lentils). Once lentils are cooked, allow to cool.
- Mix lentils, chickpeas, radishes and herbs with dressing. Toss to combine.
- Optional: This tastes great with some feta and cherry tomatoes mixed in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad