If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken salad put on its fancy pants and got all gussied up with fresh sweet cherries, walnuts, and poppy seeds. —CakePants
- 10-12 ounces chicken breast meat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped finely
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cook chicken until meat is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes per side. Chop the cooked chicken into small pieces (no bigger than 1/2-inch cubes). Place in the refrigerator to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooling, place the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cooled, add chopped chicken. Serve as a side dish or in sandwiches.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad