If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cool, creamy fruit salad...perfect for those warm days and nights —kikukat
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- 2 cans mandarin orange segments
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
- Bring water to a boil and cook acini di pepe pasta for 9 minutes. Drain.
- Drain mandarin oranges and pineapple, reserving 1 1/2 c of juice. Refrigerate mandarin oranges and pineapple.
- In a medium saucepan, combine juice with sugar, salt, eggs, and flour. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and mix gently. Place in a large, covered bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
- Add drained fruit, Cool Whip, and miniature marshmallows to acini di pepe mixture. Combine gently and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
More Great Recipes: Desserts