If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Deliciously moist banana bread with a layer of gooey cream cheese in the center. —Jessica Chang
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 by 5 loaf pan with melted butter.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all cream cheese filling ingredients using a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, sugar, oil, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Add bananas to the mixture. Using a hand mixer, mix all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk and mix the ingredients together.
- Using a wooden spatula, gently incorporate the dry ingredients to the large bowl that has the banana mixture. Stir until well incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Put 2/3 of the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Shake gently until leveled. Pour filling mixture slowly to cover the banana bread mixture. Then, pour the rest of the banana bread mixture slowly over the filling mixture. Make it as even as you can.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until top is golden. To test for readiness, jiggle the loaf pan to make sure the mixture doesn't jiggle too much. Keep in mind that the cream cheese filling layer will remain pretty soft.
- Cool bread for 10-15 minutes before turning out on a rack.