If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Humble ingredients work together to make a satisfyingly crunchy and flavorful salad. This is a versatile recipe - feel free to change out the sunflower seeds to pecans, the honey to maple syrup, and you could even add some chopped apple. —Allison
For the salad:
- 4 stalks of celery, cleaned, trimmed, and shaved almost paper thin
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- A handful of sunflower seeds (a bit less than 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, peeled with a vegetable peeler
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add sunflower seeds to a pan over medium heat. Toast seeds until they begin to lightly brown and become fragrant.
- Combine celery, broccoli, Parmesan, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Over the salad add the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and adjust dressing to your taste. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
More Great Recipes: Salads