If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great for a packed lunch or dinner, this colourful salad is quick and easy to put together, very nutritious and delicious! —Laura
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chives, Finely Chopped
- splashes lime
- salt and pepper
- In medium size bowl, add tomato paste and chili powder. Add 1 cup boiling water and mix well. Add couscous and stir. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and add olive oil, herbs and spash of lime juice, salt and pepper.
Mexican Spiced Black Beans
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans (rinsed well)
- 1 cup homemade salsa or prepared salsa
- splashes lime juice
- Mix together and place in fridge for 3-4 hours for flavours to blend
- To prepare salad bowl place a small container of salad dressing in the middle of salad plate or bowl. Using approximate 1/4 cup of each, arrange salad components in a rainbow pattern. I used mexican spiced couscous, mexican spiced black beans, quartered tomatoes, grated carrots, sliced avocado, cooked corn, quartered and sliced cucumbers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad