If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quickly prepared, a rich, light & refreshing complement to warm weather meals. —bt
- 1 15 ounce can drained and well rinsed black beans
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 healthy squeeze of fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- pinch of sugar if desired
- cilantro, parsley, or scallion for garnish
- 2 avocados and ripe tomatoes, halved
- Combine first 7 ingredients, and chill.
- Halve your avocados and tomatoes (removing the tomato flesh)
- Scoop the beans into the fruit cavities. Drizzle with extra marinade. Garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad