Author Notes: My mom used walnuts, figs and prunes, I use any dry fruit and nuts that are around.
Very addictive and they will keep for a long time. This is just a half recipe. —anka
Makes: three logs/ 50-60 slices-cookies
grams walnuts or any mix nuts ( hazelnuts, almonds, pecans ), chopped
grams dry figs,prunes, apricot, cranberry, resins cut in to small pieces
teaspoon baking soda
- Mix all dry ingredients and add eggs, make into three logs.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 F.
- Slice with a bread knife when is still warm into thin slices.
- Keep them in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World