If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A combination of my three loves. Frozen dairy products, rich caramel, and delicious, delicious rum.
A few notes: I tried the recipe with both salted and unsalted butter and couldn't tell a difference in taste, however I did notice a big difference when I used dark brown sugar as opposed to light so just be wary.
And as with any alcoholic recipe feel free to add or remove as much as you'd like. —Matthew Wickham
Makeshift Bananas Foster
- 1 Banana (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- In a saucepan melt the butter over high heat
- Add the sugar and bananas and allow sugar to melt. Watch closely the sugar can burn very quickly.
- Once combined remove from heat and let cool briefly
- All Makeshift Bananas Foster
- 3 ounces Spiced or Black rum
- 7-8 scoops Vanilla bean ice cream
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg (Garnish)
- Combine your caramel sauce and the remaining ingredients in a blender and let it do it's thing.
- Top with whipped cream and a light dusting of cinnamon and/or nutmeg (Optional)