Author Notes: OMG! Summer BBQ clams. Scrub and wash 100 littleneck clams. Make a BBQ sauce. Melted butter, crushed tomatos, garlic, salt and pepper and hot sauce and lemon. Grill clams. Once opened squirt BBQ sauce into the opened clam and roast about one minute. YUUUUMMMY> —sile
Serves: 4 adults
cup Crushed, canned tomatos
Small lemon, and zest this lemon.
Stick melted, unsalted butter
Cloves garlic, minced or grated finely
tablespoons Hot sauce or garlic chili paste
teaspoon Salt and cracked pepper
- Scrub 100 littleneck clams. Heat your grill to high.
- Make Clam BBQ Sauce.
- Squeeze one small lemon in a bowl and zest this lemon. Very fine zest.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic. Very fine mince.
- Melt 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Use 1 cup of crushed canned tomato's.
- Add 1 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbs. hot sauce or garlic chili paste.
- Whisk everything together. Taste for heat. Add more hot sauce if needed. Place mixture into a plastic squeeze bottle. ( to squirt the BBQ sauce into the clams)
- Place clams on grill. Close lid for roasting them faster. Once they are opened, place the BBQ sauce into a plastic squeeze bottle and squirt the sauce on the opened clam, try to keep the clam juice intact. Keep the clam flat onto the grill. Roast just about a minute, the sauce should be thick, rich and bubbling from the heat of the grill.
- ENJOY Summer's best BBQ clams. Sop it up with good crusty bread! You will want these any time of year. Clean up tip: Burn off the grill right after you finish and brush away residue.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore