If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The secret to these recipes? Orange extract, which complements sweet chocolate and warm cinnamon so well. They are perfect for the holiday season, but how can you deny this trifecta at any time of the year? —Zachary Thor
For the cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked with a fork
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For the sugar and cinnamon coating
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add egg yolk and orange extract.
- Sift and add flour with salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Scoop batter into balls with an ice-cream scoop. Flatten.
- Mix together the coating, using 3 parts sugar for each part cinnamon.
- Coat the top and sides with the topping. Avoid the bottom of the cookie as this will cause them to burn.
- Bake 11 minutes, less for the second batch, or until the chocolate chips have begun to melt and the cookies are a golden brown.