If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using brown sugar and garlic as binders, allow the salt and pepper to adhere to the roast. The result is well-seasoned, tasty prime rib. —kikukat
Makes rib roast
- 1 rib eye roast (allow 1 pound of beef per person)
- brown sugar
- minced garlic
- rock salt
- cracked black pepper
- Rub brown sugar and garlic on all parts of roast. Rub rock salt and pepper all over. Place, uncovered, fat-side-up, in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees to desired doneness. Let stand 15 minutes to firm meat before carving.
- For rare, 30-32 minutes per pound. For medium, 34-37 miutes per pound. For well done, 39-42 minutes per pound.
- A New York roast will cook in about half the time due to the shape.