If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe for baked beans with a local (Hawaii) twist. It makes a great side dish for BBQ or grilled hot dogs. —kikukat
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) Pork n Beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10-12 oz) linguisa, diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped, cookied and drained
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Fry onion, linguisa, and bacon. Drain fat.
- Place pork & beans in a large bowl. Add coffee, ketchup, shoyu, vinegar, and brown sugar. Add bacon mixture. Stir well.
- Place in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. At this point, beans can be baked immediately or refrigerated overnight.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes (45-60 minutes if refrigerated overnight).