If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cod - it's a heck of a lot cheaper than crab and equally delightful. —Summer of Eggplant
Makes 8 cakes
- 1.5 pounds cod
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 celery ribs - diced
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Flat leaf parsley - chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme (or fresh)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons dried dill (or fresh)
- Sauté celery and shallot in olive oil until just translucent, set aside to cool.
- Cut the cod into large chunks, pulse in a food processor until flaky but not mutilated. It should just take a few short pulses.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl add the eggs to the cod and fold in celery and shallot mixture. Then add cod mixture into dry ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix and shape into 8 patties, place on wax paper and covered in fridge until you are ready for them. Heat olive oil in a pan until almost smoking. Pan sear them in olive oil about 2 minutes per side until they have a decent brown crust. Finish in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Serve with tartar sauce.
Herbed Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons capers - chopped
- 2-3 cornichons - chopped
- 1 teaspoon caper brine
- juice of 1/2 a lemon +/- to taste
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Whisk everything together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore