If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ginger biscotti features the timeless, clean flavor of ginger. —kikukat
Makes 30-40 pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger bits
- 4 teaspoons turbinado sugar (or any coarse sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet or 2 biscotti pans (or line with parchment paper).
- Place nuts and ginger into the workbowl of a small food processor. Process until nuts are chopped small. Set aside.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture. Add nuts and ginger pieces.
- Shape dough into 2 2"x12" long rectangles. Sprinkle each rectangle with 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2" slices. Place cut side down on cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip biscotti over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.