If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The comforting flavors of Dutch apple pie are captured in a bite-sized treat. —kikukat
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
Filling and Topping
- 2 apples, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minute tapioca
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- For crust, combine flour, sugar, butter and Crisco in the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add egg. Process just until dough holds together. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 15 seconds. Divide into 18 pieces. Press each piece into a 2 1/2" mini tart pan. Place on a flat baking pan and chill while preparing topping and filling.
- In same food processor bowl, make topping by combining 2 tbsp sugar, flour, and cold butter. Place in a small bowl and keep chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make filling by combining apples, 4 tbsp sugar, cinnamon and tapioca. Divide evenly among tart shells. Spoon topping over filling. Place on foil/parchment/silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool on rack (in tart pans) for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from tart pans and leave on rack to cool completely.