If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you make sure that every meal, even snacks, include all 6 tastes, you know your meal will satisfy! Sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, astringent are present in this seasoning. The 6 flavors signal to your body that it is well nourished so you are less likely to have cravings later. These spices ensure that your body digests the corn fully. Keep a jar of it by your stove and use a light dusting to jazz up sandwiches, salads, or soups too ! —Eden Tosch
Makes 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder (dried green mango powder--you might also try ground pomegranate seeds or sumac)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a hot fry pan add spices in the order given, toasting each a few seconds before adding the next. Do not toast the amchur, sugar, or sea salt.
- When the spices have released their fragrances, let them cool, then grind them in a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. Add the last 3 ingredients and grind for a moment to mix.
- Sprinkle over popcorn freshly popped in ghee !
More Great Recipes: