If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very light and delicate, just like the one at the Pâtisseries in Paris. And a recipe given to me by a French Pâtissier friend of mine on how to make Fromage Blanc - very hard to find outside France. —Kenza Saadi
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 400 grams Fromage Blanc (or 250 gr of natural yoghurt and 150 gr of cream cheese)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to brush the baking pan)
- Mix the egg yolks and the brown sugar on high speed until the color turns a lighter shade of yellow.
- If you do not have Fromage Blanc you can make it by using a proportion of one portion of natural unsweetened yoghurt with one third of a portion of cream cheese. Just mix them until blended with a fork and you have Fromage Blanc!
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites until very stiff.
- Mix together the egg yolk and sugar mix, with first the Fromage Blanc, then the flour and at the very end fold in gently the egg whites.
- Brush a baking pan, preferably round, with the olive oil and pour in the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes in a medium oven (about 180º C. / 350º F.)
- Let the cake cool thoroughly before serving. It goes very nicely with some red fruits on the side.