If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is always a cool and refreshing start to a summer weekend supper. Especially after a hot and sweaty day working in the garden. —Molly Ward
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 each: sweet red pepper, sweet green pepper, and sweet yellow or orange pepper, confetti diced
- 1 small jalapeno or other spicy chili pepper, confetti diced
- 1 pound Maryland blue crab meat, backfin or regular
- Green hot sauce (we use El Yucateco Green Habanero)
- Line 4 small ramekins with plastic wrap.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Blend in the diced peppers Gently blend in crab meat, taking care not to break up lumps if backfin Add 1-2 drops green sauce, adjusting taste as desired. Blend gently again.
- Fill each ramekin with crab meat mixture, pressing into the corners and flattening on top. Refrigerate several hours until rather firm.
- Turn each ramekin out over small serving plates. Tap gently to loosen the formed crabmeat. Gently remove plastic wrap, so crabmeat comes out in a neat little mound. Place 2 flatbread crackers and a slice of lime on each plate. Serve with chilled white wine or ice cold beer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore