If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These tacos are wonderfully fresh tasting with the addition of the mango salsa. The smoked paprika mayo adds an addtional flavor layer without adding too much heat. The recipe calls for pan searing the fish, but feel free to put them on the grill. —ChefAbilities
Makes 8 tacos
For the tacos:
- 4 Tilapia fillets (or other white fish)
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose seasoning (Zatarain's, Jamaican Jerk, your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Recipe Smoked Paprika Mayo
- 1 Recipe Chili Mango Salsa
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Fresh limes, sliced
- Heat a comal or large skillet over medium-high heat. Warm tortillas on each side and keep warm.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet. Season fish with all-purpose seasoning mix, salt and pepper. Lay fish carefully in the heated pan, seasoning side down. Cook for about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the fish and cook until fish flakes easily. Place all the cooked fish fillets in a bowl and chop up. Serve 1/2 of each fillet in a corn tortilla, top with smoked paprika mayo and chili mango salsa. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a fresh lime slice.
Smoked Paprika Mayo & Chili Mango Salsa
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 1 Fresh mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup Purple onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- For the smoked paprika mayo: Mix mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the chili mango salsa: Combine the mango with the next 7 ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore