If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: box pies have been a staple of southern cuisine since the invention of the refrigerator. With fat-free condensed milks coming onto the market, you can make this favorite virtually guilt-free. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/lime-icebox-pie —Healthline
- 1 (14 oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 (6 oz.) reduced fat, ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together condensed milk and next three ingredients and pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until pie is set but not fully firm. Let cool on a cooling rack and then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over pie and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore