If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Basting strawberries with honey-bourbon syrup kicks this summertime classic up a notch or two without adding a lot of sugar.
Cooking tip: To make turning the skewered strawberries a little easier, thread berries onto two skewers instead of one. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-strawberry-shortcake-recipe —Healthline
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brandy, bourbon, or water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- vegetable cooking spray
- vanilla frozen yogurt
- Thread strawberries onto skewers, leaving at least 1/4 inch between each and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together honey and brandy and set aside. Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch thick slices and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Grill strawberries over medium-low direct heat, 5 to 6 minutes or until hot, brushing occasionally with honey mixture. Remove and set aside; keep warm. Grill pound cake slices 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- To serve, place 1 to 2 cake slices on a plate; top with frozen yogurt and warm strawberries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore