If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: rab cakes are always delectable as a main course, but when served as an appetizer, they give any gathering a touch of extravagance. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/mini-crab-cake-appetizers —Healthline
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- minced chives
- Combine first six ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, mustard, Old Bay seasoning and pepper sauce. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. With wet hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. Cook crab cakes in oil in a large skillet over medium heat, in batches 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce and garnish with chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore