Author Notes: We took the FEW Rye Whiskey and plugged it into the classic Martinez recipe, switched up the bitters, and added a bit of citrus to play off the rye. —Cocktails, 365
ounces FEW Rye Whiskey (or any spicier rye)
ounce Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
ounces Luxardo Maraschino Liqueu
dashes lavender bitters
In This Recipe
- Place one of the lemon twists at the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the bitters, maraschino, vermouth and whiskey.
- Top with cubed ice.
- Shake full blast for at least 20 seconds. You want to release the oils from the lemon twist.
- Twist the second lemon twist over a frozen martini glass and drop in.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass and serve.