Author Notes: We took the FEW Rye Whiskey and plugged it into the classic Martinez recipe, switched up the bitters, and added a bit of citrus to play off the rye. —Cocktails, 365
ounces FEW Rye Whiskey (or any spicier rye)
ounce Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
ounces Luxardo Maraschino Liqueu
dashes lavender bitters
- Place one of the lemon twists at the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the bitters, maraschino, vermouth and whiskey.
- Top with cubed ice.
- Shake full blast for at least 20 seconds. You want to release the oils from the lemon twist.
- Twist the second lemon twist over a frozen martini glass and drop in.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass and serve.