If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend sent me an email with a Russian article titled “The Truth about Healthy Food”. There wasn’t anything new in the article for me, but on the same page I found “Recipes,” clicked on it and there it was, a picture of a loaf cake that was described so: “She mixed flour with Ice Cream and baked it in the oven. The cake which came out delighted everyone!”
Here is my translation of the recipe and a couple my favorite ingredients, which I think will only improve this recipe.
I made the cake yesterday and it is really simple, easy to prepare and taste’s awesome!
Makes one loaf cake
- • 500 grams (2 cups) of your favorite full fat ice cream (I used Vanilla Bean ice cream
- • 190 g (1 1/2 cups) unbleached all- purpose flour (I used 1 cup flour + 1/2 cup Almond flour)
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • Zest of 1 orange
- • 1/4 cup of each, dark and white chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- • Additional ice cream for serving, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a loaf pan. Place ice cream in a bowl so that it starts melting a little; then gently stir it with a rubber spatula until the ice cream is smooth and keep it chilled in the refrigerator, while preparing the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt until well combined; mix in orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the ice cream until just combined. Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan; give the pan a few bangs on the table to get rid of the bubbles.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes; then invert to a cutting board, cut a slice or more and enjoy!