Makes: 8 cakes
pounds (600g) small frozen scallop, defrosted
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon white pepper, ground
tablespoons parsley, chopped
cup panko bread crumbs
In This Recipe
- Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add salt, white pepper, egg white, parsley and breadcrumbs.(If necessary, add a bit more breadcrumbs.)
- Mix to combine and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take a small portion (1/3 cup or ice cream scoop) of scallop mixture and make small patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add scallop cake and cook until cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side.