If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rustic gluten-free rhubarb strawberry galette with a chamomile crust. —Claire Ragozzino | VIDYA
Makes 1 10-inch galette
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (or flour of your choice)
- 2/3 cup dried chamomile flowers
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons cold ghee, cubed (or coconut oil for vegan option)
- 3-4 tablespoons iced water
- Combine first the flour, chamomile flowers, coconut sugar and salt in a food processor. Process into a fine flour. Add the cubed ghee slowly and then the ice water or chamomile tea, process lightly until it begins to form a ball of dough. Remove from food processor and shape dough into a round ball. Wrap in plastic and lightly press down on the dough to form a disc. Set in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
Rhubarb Strawberry Filling
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 12 strawberries
- In a small saucepan, heat the rhubarb, lemon juice/zest and cinnamon. Cook on medium to lightly reduce. You want the rhubarb to soften but not completely reduce to a jam. After 3-4 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the raw honey and half of the strawberries. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375F. Remove dough from freezer. Set a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out evenly onto the parchment sheet. Use extra flour on your rolling pin if you find the dough is sticking. Place onto a baking sheet and fill the center with the rhubarb strawberry filling, leaving about 2 inches of dough around the edges. Layer the remaining sliced strawberries on top of the filling. Fold the edges of the dough onto filling. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve on it’s own, or alongside your favorite ice cream.