If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A medicinal herbal chai recipe using whole spices and tulsi holy basil. —Claire Ragozzino | VIDYA
Makes 2 cups concentrate
- 6 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated turmeric
- 10 pods cardamom
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 star anise pods
- 1/2 cup dried tulsi leaves
- Bring the water to boil on the stove top. Add the spices and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the dried tulsi, let steep for 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat and strain the liquid. To serve, pour the hot concentrate into a mug about ½ to ¾ of the way full, then top your favorite nut or seed milk. Sweeten with a spoonful of raw honey.
More Great Recipes: